Most real estate agents don’t have fruitful careers, and as a matter of fact, only 20% of all agents out there, handle 80% of all house sales. The rest of them just struggle to stay in business and close a few deals. If that’s the case, you’re probably wondering what you can do to succeed. It’s not that difficult actually, as long as you stick to some basic rules, and to provide you with a little help, in the following article you are presented the main steps you ought to follow to have a thriving real estate career in Barrie.
1) Evaluate yourself. The real estate industry is not suitable for everyone, thus you will need to figure out if you can make it in this business, considering your education, your abilities, and your previous experience.
2) Develop excellent communicational abilities. This is a crucial matter because you will need to discuss with your customers all the time. Plus, presentations play a huge role in the life of a Barrie realtor, thus you need to be very communicative, friendly, and persuasive.
3) Learn how to negotiate. All successful agents know very well how to negotiate, and they often encourage their clients to make acquisitions. However, you need to keep in mind that negotiating means understanding the other party’s needs and desires too.
4) Earn a college degree. College degrees are not compulsory for a real estate agent in Canada, but according to a research carried on by the Florida University in 2011, they can upsurge an agent’s sales and make him more successful.
5) Prepare to work all day long. All real estate agents have very unpredictable schedules, because they have to be available for their clients all the time. That’s why, you will not be able to work on a fixed schedule, and you might need to be on duty even in the weekends.
Furthermore, if you wish to have a real estate career in Barrie and you want to evolve within a reputable company, then you should consider RE/MAX.With this global corporation, you will get to make your own decisions, you will benefit from the best training in the industry, get to use only state of the art tools, and you will have access to an international referral network.
Similarly, you should know that the RE/MAX Corporation has been established by Gail and Dave Liniger, two talented realtors who managed to turn one small business into a real worldwide giant. Currently, there are over 114,000 RE/MAX Associates, in more than 6,100 offices in 62 different countries around the globe. What makes this enterprise so successful is that it is governed by people who really understand the needs of other people. It is entirely dedicated to offering its customers exactly what they want in a professional manner, and therefore it’s a terrific place to develop your skills as a real estate agent. It offers special courses and training sessions and that’s just one more advantage that should determine you to opt for a real estate career with RE/MAX.
This article was written on the behalf of RE/MAX Chay, the leader in Barrie real estate with the largest marketshare.